Shan Chana Chaat
Shan Chana Chaat Masala adds the excellent seasoning level to your Chana Chaat plate for an exotic experience.
RECIPE: Aaloo Chholay/Chana Chaat:
- 200g chickpeas/chana washed & soaked for 3-4 hours
- 100g potato, peeled, boiled and diced
- 1 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- ½ cup Tamarind juice
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsps Shan Chana Chaat
- Boil the soaked chana in 8 cups water. Cover and cook for 2-3 hours over a low heat.
- Add the sodium bicarbonate, stir and cook for a further ½ – 1 hour until the chana is tender. There should be about 2 cups water left at the end of cooking.
- Add the green chillies, potatoes, tamarind juice and Shan Chana Chaat and serve hot.